10+ RingCentral Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
RingCentral is a cloud-based web conferencing software designed for businesses, from startups to enterprises. RingCentral provides essential tools for video and audio conferencing needs, which can be integrated with other software platforms like DrobBox, Box, Google Docs, Outlook, and Salesforce. On top of that, RingCentral also provides tools, such as team collaboration and desktop phone rentals, for flexible web conferencing needs. Established in 1999 by CEO Vlad Shmunis and CTO Vlad Vendrow, RingCentral is one of the pioneering software providers of web conferencing and collaboration for businesses and individuals. For more than decades, RingCentral has been trusted by thousands of users worldwide, which includes leading brands like Canal+, Oakland A's, BMJ, W2O, Detroit Pistons, Colombia University, and Insureon. As the platform becomes popular among 400,000+ customers, RingCentral also becomes one of the best web conferencing software today, competing against other platforms like GoToMeeting, Skype for Business, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, Google Hangouts Meet, Samepage, and Microsoft Teams.
|Zoom||4.6||Eric Yuan||$0||2011||$1.3 B||2532+||San Jose||5000+ Reviews||12900000+|
|GoToMeeting||4.6||William (Bill) R. Wagner||$14||1997||$7 M||40+||1997||4000+ Reviews||N/A|
|Cisco WebEx||4.5||Chuck Robbins||$13.50||1995||$380 M||10000+||California||3000+ Reviews||N/A|
|Skype for Business||4.5||Tony Bates||$0||2003||$1.7 B||500+||California||3500+ Reviews||10000+|
|Microsoft Teams||4.5||Satya Nadella||$0||2017||$49 B||7000+||Redmond||3000+ Reviews||75000000+|
|Google Hangouts Meet||4.5||Sundar Pichai||$0||2013||$2.6 B||100+||Mountain View||2670+ Reviews||3000000+|
|Join.me||4.5||Sarah Muraki||$0||2013||$1.1 M||30+||California||2000+ Reviews||N/A|
|Samepage||4.4||Scott Schreiman||$0||2017||$2.2 M||30+||Campbell||2500+ Reviews||N/A|
|ConnectWise Control||4.3||Jason Magee||$19||1982||$243 M||1146+||Florida||1900+ Reviews||100000+|
|TeamViewer||4.2||Oliver Steil||$0||2005||$$437 M||731+||Germany||6504+ Reviews||200000000+|
“ Difficult software for external users to connect ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Francine R.
- I like how streamlined the service is. The app works perfectly, we have used other services and we had trouble with the app and we have never had a problem using the desktop or app versions.
- It’s very user friendly, they have great customer service. Our company has their own account manager which happens to be very helpful.
- I feel that changing voicemail is a little complicated but once you get the hang of it, it is easier. There are many different options which are great because you have a regular voicemail and after hours.
- They recently increased their prices on lines with local numbers, the price did remain the same for digital lines so our bill is going to go up higher while other companies are offering better prices for the same services.
“ Best Video Conferencing Software Period ”
4.3/5 (overall) - Heather B.
- Overall, RingCentral has been a great improvement in the way we communicate with each other and with clients.
- I like how this software allows you to fax information over the internet vs a printer. It allows you to upload information from a scanner and has always been super secure.
- USED THEM FOR A FEW YEARS BUT TERMINATED THIS MONTH DUE TO TERRIBLE TECH SUPPORT, NEED TO WAIT HOURS TO TALK, REPS NOT PROFESSIONAL, UNABLE TO FIX PROBLEM AND EXPLAINE THE ISSUE.
- I emailed, went to facebook and used the chatbot to try and cancel and no one executed my cancelation and was charged for the service.
“ RingCentral for meetings ”
4.7/5 (overall) - Guiliana T.
- It is an excellent product and I certainly do recommend it. The functionality has increased since I subscribed originally.
- The support was easy to understand, helpful and available. Seemed to utilize proprietary codecs, so voice quality was VERY good.
- Setup is a pain, but mostly our negative experience stems from the fact that during the sales process they told us they could provide us a specific functionality that as it turns out they could not.
- RingCentral is totally unreliable. I have recurring meetings with all my clients, and the links frequently break, rendering them useless and frustrating my clients.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Application Integration
- Assessment Management
- Automated Billing
- Campaign Analysis
- CRM Integration
- Team Collaboration
- Sales Force Automation
- Employee Management
Images & Videos
Q & A
How much does RingCentral cost?
A software’s price plan can affect the selection process of a company. That is why, if interested, your business needs to know about RingCentral’s four (4) subscription based price plans. These are the Essentials plan ($29.99/user/month with a maximum of 20 users), the Standard plan ($34.99/user/month), the Premium plan ($44.99/user/month), and the Ultimate pan ($59.99/user/month). RingCentral also offers discounts of up to 33% if you select a yearly subscription plan.
What are the platforms compatible with RingCentral?
One of the best qualities about the RingCentral application is that it is a browser based software. That means, it is already compatible with most devices with a web browser. These devices include Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. Also, only the host is required to have a RingCentral account while participants only need to have a link or a meeting ID to enter an online meeting or other webinars.
Does RingCentral provide a free trial?
Yes! With RingCentral, users can take advantage of a long 15-day free trial period. This allows you to explore and use all the features of a selected plan. The RingCentral app provides the trial period for all their plans except for the Ultimate plan. The free period already includes a limited fifty (50) minute talk time, full access to its mobile cloud feature, and allows a maximum of five (5) users.
Can you record calls with RingCentral?
Another fantastic feature that RingCentral provides is its recording function. This feature allows you to record all calls made within the app, so that you can avoid the tedious task of taking down notes.
Does RingCentral have any time limits on calls?
If you are only using its free trial period, then the time limit per call is fifty (50) minutes per user. However, if you subscribed to its paid price plans, there is no time limit for any calls within the platform.
Is RingCentral a free app?
Unfortunately, RingCentral does not offer a free plan. The app only provides a free 15-day trial period for its customers.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software