10+ Basecamp Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Basecamp is an advanced communication platform that businesses use for fast and simple collaboration for projects and other tasks. Aside from that, the company behind its success is doing a fantastic job. This is especially true when you factor in total customer satisfaction. Plus, they have the stats to show
for it. Basecamp currently has over 120,000 people under its customer base, and the numbers just keep on increasing. Taking a break from digits, the Basecamp app is beauty. This is thanks to its lead designers, Jamie Dihiansan and Jonas Downey. Together, along with their teams, they managed to create an intuitive platform that offers superb aesthetics. Established in 1999, Basecamp slowly grew to the tech giant that they are today. As a matter of fact, Basecamp has a yearly revenue of $25 million; all thanks to their fantastic co-producer Wailin Wong along with 57 other employees, and their CEO, Jason Fried. However, Basecamp has a few fierce competitors. Such businesses include Monday, Teamwork, Trello, Clickup, Asana, Proofhub, JIRA, Microsoft Project, and Smartsheets to name a few. If you want to know more about Basecamp as well as the other robust platforms, continue reading below now.
|Asana||4.6||Dustin Moskovitz||$10.99||2002||$133.8 M||700+||San Francisco||5000+ Reviews||20000+|
|Monday||4.8||Roy Mann||$8||2002||$112.5 M||265+||Tel Aviv||4500+ Reviews||838+|
|Teamwork||4.7||Peter Coppinger||$9||2007||$28.9 M||190+||Ireland||3500+ Reviews||37000+|
|Trello||4.7||Michael Pryor||$12.50||2002||$15 M||71+||New York||3500+ Reviews||35000000+|
|ClickUp||4.6||Zeb Evans||$4.97||2017||$15.8 M||200+||San Francisco||3500+ Reviews||+|
|ProofHub||4.6||Sandeep Kashyap||$45||2003||$4 M||25+||Walnut||4000+ Reviews||+|
|JIRA||4.4||Mike Cannon-Brookes||$10||2002||$1.2 B||3616+||Sydney||1200+ Reviews||135000+|
|Microsoft Project||4.3||Satya Nadella||$6.06||1985||$4.7 M||151163+||Redmond||2000+ Reviews||+|
|Smartsheet||4.2||Mark Mader||$14||2006||$353.3 M||1588+||Washington||2000+ Reviews||79000+|
|Wrike||4.1||Andrew Filev||$24.80||2006||$28.8 M||700+||San Jose||1000+ Reviews||2300000+|
“ Hands-down my favorite project management software ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Clayton C.
- Basecamp provides a user experience that allows for significant ease of use, allowing for much more time spent on work rather than program adjustment.
- Basecamp seems to be a dominant name in the project management spectrum. They offer solid features and it looks easy to use.
- Notifications can be inconsistent, and not always received in a timely manner. But this can be a minor problem for daily use, which is predominantly how I use the software. Distance or periodic users may want to look into this further.
- The price. They only have one plan to buy and it is not cost effective for smaller businesses that do not need dozens of users. There is no option for smaller companies needs.
“ Great for small businesses collaborating with clients and team. ”
4.3/5 (overall) - Francis L.
- It has been great, we never let any task go unnoticed, work just got easier and more enjoyable, since we are good at managing and understanding our work. Basecamp just Put everything together.
- Been using this with my choir for 3 years now. This product is amazing and I would recommend it for any project management.
- Too limited integration with other platforms and services. Basecamp has no tracking of the time spent on the project, and the interface is a bit confusing.
- The user interface is just terrible. I never know where I am, the emails they send are over crowded and basically useless, and everything is just too buried.
“ Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value ”
4.7/5 (overall) - Brandon S.
- I like the amazing options that Basecamp provides for an organization. It has lots of helpful features that help with organization and communication inside and outside the organization.
- I love so much about Basecamp including how amazing it is for business owners to use with their team.
- However, she frequently missed the deadlines she set for the project, and it became depressing to be confronted by them when doing my own tasks.
- If there is one thing I dislike is the learning curve associated with Basecamp and the lack of education materials on their website.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Assignment Management
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Customer Support
- Collaboration Tools
- Email Integration
- Email Marketing Management
- Team Collaboration
Images & Videos
Q & A
What is Basecamp known for?
Basecamp is one of the more popular project management software that enables businesses to track, manage, organize, and schedule projects. Whether individually or as a team, the app allows users to automate their workflows to help them work faster and keep up with the deadlines. However, with Basecamp, users can focus more on their projects than the deadlines for better output.
Does Basecamp offer a free trial period?
Yes, Basecamp offers new users with a one (1) month free trial. The platform offers this trial period so that customers can effectively know how to take advantage of Basecamp’s robust features. With the trial period, one can see if the app is the right one for their business without the need of spending a dime.
Aside from Basecamp’s paid subscription plans, does it offer a free forever platform?
Indeed, Basecamp now offers its users a free to use platform. Although quite limited, which is not uncommon for free platforms, it can mostly handle small projects and can provide an adequate amount of help for new users, startups, and small businesses.
What are Basecamp’s subscription plans and how much are they?
Basecamp actually offers only one (1) paid subscription plan for customers. It is the Basecamp Business plan and it’s priced at $99 per month. Unlike other apps, Basecamp lets you add as many users as you want. However, that might be too expensive for small businesses.
Does Basecamp offer a discount to its subscription plan?
Yes, Basecamp does offer users a 15% discount if they opt to be billed on a yearly basis and upfront. If not, then users would need to pay the price at full.
Will you be charged when the trial period is over?
No, Basecamp does not charge users once the free trial is over. They will simply ask if the user is ready to pay, and if not, users can simply choose to cancel it with a single click. Basecamp even offers users an extension on their trial period if need be.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- Encryption Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software