10+ Asana Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Asana is a well-known project management software that provides businesses with robust collaboration features. It also provides superb task management capabilities. That is why a number of users flock towards it. As a matter of fact, Asana currently has over 20,000 active users. On top of that, Asana established themselves
in 2002, which speaks about the reliability of their services. Today, the company earns about $133.8 million per year in revenue. The huge success that Asana is experiencing is thanks to its CEO, Dustin Moskovitz, and a few key employees out of the 700 and more personnel that Asana employed. These employees include Andrew T. Fiore as Head of Data, Noelle Murata as Technical Program Manager, and Anna Binder as Head of People. Currently located in San Francisco, California, Asana provides its tools and services to customers from all over the world. Lastly, the company also competes with the best project management software in the market. These include Monday, Teamwork, Trello, ClickUp, Proofhub, JIRA, Basecamp, Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, and Wrike. Know more about these companies when you scroll down now.
|Monday||4.8||Roy Mann||$8||2002||$112.5 M||265+||Tel Aviv||4500+ Reviews||838+|
|Teamwork||4.7||Peter Coppinger||$9||2007||$28.9 M||190+||Ireland||3500+ Reviews||37000+|
|Trello||4.7||Michael Pryor||$12.50||2002||$15 M||71+||New York||3500+ Reviews||35000000+|
|ClickUp||4.6||Zeb Evans||$4.97||2017||$15.8 M||200+||San Francisco||3500+ Reviews||N/A|
|ProofHub||4.6||Sandeep Kashyap||$45||2003||$4 M||25+||Walnut||4000+ Reviews||N/A|
|JIRA||4.4||Mike Cannon-Brookes||$10||2002||$1.2 B||3616+||Sydney||1200+ Reviews||135000+|
|Microsoft Project||4.3||Satya Nadella||$6.06||1985||$4.7 M||151163+||Redmond||2000+ Reviews||N/A|
|Basecamp||4.3||Jason Fried||$99||1999||$25 M||57+||Chicago||1350+ Reviews||120000+|
|Smartsheet||4.2||Mark Mader||$14||2006||$353.3 M||1588+||Washington||2000+ Reviews||79000+|
|Wrike||4.1||Andrew Filev||$24.80||2006||$28.8 M||700+||San Jose||1000+ Reviews||2300000+|
- free for 3 users
- Basic support
- Contact Sales
||Andrew T. Fiore||Head of Data||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewfiore|
||Noelle Murata||Trcnical Program Manager||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/nmurata|
||Anna Binder||Head of People||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/annabinder|
“ Good Startup Project Management Toolc ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Aliz G.
- I generally liked Asana and it’s a good product for staying on task and communicating with team members. It was easy to separate projects and to track progress.
- A pleasure because of some of the funky features it has – unicorns fly when you complete a task, friendly monsters peek at you over cards. But it’s certainly not frivolous.
- Communication was poor as we were collaborating with several other university departments, and there was a lot of wasted time.
- The service seemed to me too heavy and awkward, after many years of using Samepage. To interact with the team, we need to properly configure, out of the box, Asana does not work normally.
“ Asana is a great team tool, but could use some tweaks. ”
4.7/5 (overall) - Verified Reviewer
- I have had a great experience with Asana and will continue to use. I would recommend to anyone looking for effective communication within a business as well as personal organization.
- I also like how Asana tracks achievements and allows every person on my team to see what everyone has achieved and the progress we have all made – it has led to a great communal feeling of success.
- Email notifications are annoying and hard to disable. Worst of all is the peruser price tag for even incidental users who don’t need to log in, but just need to be managed.
- The problem with Asana is that, even for smaller teams, it is costly. When you compare the prices with some other systems out there, it is comparable on features, but more expensive.
“ Asana is the best way to organize my work and share project status with clients Easy to use on desktop and mobile ”
4.8/5 (overall) - Filipe F.
- Asana helps us to keep our marketing team organized. The interface is easy, intuitive and it offers great board style layouts.
- It provides task management like many other services.
- I would like to switch projects between the list layout and the board layout.
- Asana support is horrible and they have very poor processes in place for companies that make changes to G-suite so you can get stuck for days without any help from them.
- Application Integration
- CRM Integration
- Email Integration
- Team Collaboration
- Accounting Intergration
- Business Intelligence
- Campaign Analysis
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Email Integration
- Team Collaboration
Images & Videos
Q & A
What is Asana used for?
Asana is a software as a service or SaaS, project management app that’s developed for businesses to enhance collaboration. The platform provides tools and features that can help teams plan, organize, and manage projects and tasks simultaneously. On top of that, users can delegate tasks, place a deadline on different projects, and communicate, all in a single platform.
Does Asana have a free version?
Yes, Asana provides a free version of its platform, up to fifteen (15) users, for customers who are only getting started on project management and . Although it has rather limited functionality, which one would expect from a free or basic plan. Nevertheless, it would still suit startups and smaller companies.
How much does Asana cost?
Asana offers four (4) plans for their customers. These are: the Basic plan (Free), the Premium plan ($13.99 per month), the Business plan ($30.49 per month), and the Enterprise plan (Contact their Sales Team). Each subscription plan is billed per user, and as for the Premium and Business plans, Asana offers a discounted price if chosen to be billed on a yearly basis.
Is Asana secure?
Yes, Asana is highly secure, which is a priority for the platform. Asana uses all physical, technical, and procedural safeguards to protect your vital information. On top of that, the software even backs up your data so that in an event where data is lost, Asana can quickly recover it. The platform uses SSAE 16 / SOC2 certified data centers that are highly secure so you won’t have to worry about the safety of your data.
Does Asana offer a free trial period?
Yes, Asana offers a free 30-day trial to use their Premium plan so that users can get acquainted with the UI and all of Asana’s tools and features that can eventually help their business.
Is Asana free for students?
Asana offers its Premium subscription plan for students to use for free for as long as six (6) months. To be eligible for the student plan, you must be a student, you must not be a faculty member, you must have a .edu email unless outside the US, you must have an Asana account associated with your email.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- Encryption Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software