10+ Mailchimp Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Mailchimp is arguably the most popular email marketing and marketing automation software in the world. In fact, Mailchimp has over 11 million active users, making them the most used platforms in the industry. Aside from that, it also has an annual revenue of $842.5 million, as well as more than 800 employees, and more than 13,000 online reviews, most of which are positive reviews. If there is one thing that you can take from this, it is Mailchimp's customer satisfaction guarantee.
Aside from outstanding leadership by company CEO, Ben Chestnut, there are also three key employees that helped shape the Mailchimp platform today. These personnel are Tom Klein as Chief Marketing Officer, Sean Cook as Vice President of Marketing, and Marc Hedlund as Senior Director of Engineering. Lastly, Mailchimp also has heavy competitors, including HubSpot, Hatchbuck, ActiveCampaign, Omnisend, Autopilot, SharpSpring, Klaviyo, Oracle Eloqua, and SAS. Know more about these corporations by scrolling down now.
|Hubspot||4.7||Brian Halligan||$35||2006||$674.9 M||3387+||Cambridge||3000+ Reviews||78700+|
|Activecampaign||4.6||Jason VandeBoom||$15||2003||$90 M||550+||Chicago||4000+ Reviews||100000+|
|Omnisend||4.6||Rytis Lauris||$12||2014||$10.2 M||61+||London||3000+ Reviews||7200+|
|Sharpspring||4.5||Rick Carlson||$550||1998||$26 M||247+||Florida||2500+ Reviews||9000+|
|Autopilot||4.5||Michael Sharkey||$49||2012||$7.4 M||69+||Sydney||2500+ Reviews||2500+|
|Hatchbuck||4.8||Jonathan Herrick||$99||2010||$11.4 M||142+||Saint Louis||2500+ Reviews||814+|
|Klaviyo||4.5||Andrew Bialecki||$0||2012||$104.5 M||30000+||Massachusetts||2500+ Reviews||700000+|
|Marketo||4.1||Steve Lucas||Custom||2006||$400 M||1300+||California||2500+ Reviews||5000+|
|SAS||4.1||James Goodnight||$8700||1976||$3.3 B||13946+||Cary||2000+ Reviews||83000+|
|Oracle Eloqua||4.2||Joe Payne||$2000||1999||$11 M||136000+||Vienna||2000+ Reviews||64500+|
- Custom domains Free
- Marketing CRM
- All email templates
- A/B testing
- Custom branding
- Custom templates
- Retargeting ads
- Behavioral targeting automation series New
- Advanced segmentation
- Phone support
- Multivariate testing
||Tom Klein||Chief Marketing Officer||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/tklein|
||Sean Cook||Vice President of Marketing||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/seantcook|
||Marc Hedlund||Sr. Director of Engineering||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/precipice|
“ Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy ”
4.2/5 (overall) - Feyisayo E.
- Its amazing interface, ease-to-use HTML code, offers free and high quality templates to use for newsletters. Overall, great options!
- Pretty easy to set-up and start sending emails through. Very user-friendly. Love the branding and how everything “speaks the language”.
- It is hard to tell and honestly, I had to come up with something that I dislike but sometimes the tab can crash as a result of bugs. It has happened a few times but even then, the template is automatically saved.
- Missing a lot of advanced filters, smarter ways to segment users, and doing more advanced drip campaigns. If you’re looking to really slice and dice users and build complex automations – this tool is not for you.
“ Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform ”
4.3/5 (overall) - Tim B.
- Very easy to design professional and appealing newsletters that gain traction and are very successful.
- I love that Mailchimp made it simple for me to create a beautiful looking email newsletter and be able to save it as a template to customize each month before I send it out.
- The paid tiers are too limited (compared to competitors). Overuse of Mailchimp has led to blacklisting/flagging by several email services (risk of ending up in spam folder).
- This was frustrating for me when I could not figure out what was wrong in order to complete my campaign.
“ A great software at exorbitant prices ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Traver F.
- For me the tool was very useful in solving my problem in an amazing way. I still use it today and I am very satisfied.
- It’s a great service in all. It provides a great service for someone who is not of the tech world and want to manage their newsletter service without indulging into coding.
- It’s a partner in our business, we pay for that and our clients have no thoughts about email marketing avoiding the spam and other problems.
- We had the same subscriber on a few different lists, but they double charged us. I think they should be able to provide an alternative to this problem.
- Access Control
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Collaboration Tools
- Customer Support
- Email Integration
- Marketing Automation
- Performance Management
- Process Management
- Sales Force Automation
- Mobile apps
Images & Videos
Q & A
What is Mailchimp used in?
Mailchimp is a sophisticated all-inclusive marketing software platform. It helps users track and manage their customers better. Additionally, with the platform, users can manage their leads, nurture them, and convert them into customers. Mailchimp enables users to create beautifully designed campaigns and accurate data analysis.
What are the countries that use Mailchimp’s services?
Overall, Mailchimp has thousands of users worldwide. The countries that use Mailchimp’s services are: the US (205,784 users), United Kingdom (44,946 users), Canada (22,927 users), Australia (18,722 users), The Netherlands (15,245 users), Spain (10,443 users), France (7,325 users), Germany (6,897 users), Italy (6,840 users), Denmark (6,757).
What are the pricing options that Mailchimp offers?
Mailchimp offers users and customers three (3) paid subscription plans. These plans are: the Essentials plan ($9.99/month), the Standard plan ($14.99/month), and the Premium plan ($299/per month).
Does Mailchimp offer discounted prices?
Yes, Mailchimp offers a 10% discount for three (3) months for people who put two-factor authentication on their Mailchimp accounts. Mailchimp also offers charities and non-profit organizations with a 15% discount. All they need to do is sign up on Mailchimp, contact the Billing team, and send them a link of the organization’s website.
What payment options does Mailchimp accept?
Mailchimp accepts payment from all major credit card companies. Additionally, they accept payments from debit cards, but only in select countries, Paypal, and Mailchimp even accept transactions made in various currencies.
Is Mailchimp a free platform?
Mailchimp is not a free platform completely. However, it does offer users with a free plan. The free plan includes seven (7) Marketing Channels, One-Click automations, Simple Templates, Marketing CRM, Surveys, Website, Custom Domains. Of course, compared to the paid plans, Mailchimp’s free platform is limited, but it is a fantastic option for startups and small businesses.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software