10+ Oracle RDBMS Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Oracle RDBMS is an advanced database management software from the company, Oracle. Speaking of Oracle, on the business side of things, they are making huge strides since their establishment in 1977. Now, they are the second largest software corporation in the world. They are only second to Microsoft, which is saying a lot. With over 136,000 employees and their wonderful CEO, Safra Catz, Oracle RDBMS built themselves in such a way that businesses instantly choose them instead of other platforms, and it shows. Currently, they have over 430,000 active users and they are earning more than $39.5 million per year in revenue. There are also three employees to thank for its success, these are Kartik Ramakrishnan (Product GM), Samir Khosla (Product and Design Leader), and Ashraf Abousteit (Director of Development).
Based in Redwood California, Oracle RDBMS is one of the best platforms to invest in. However, since it is not alone in that aspect, you might also need to know about its alternative companies. These businesses include Knack, Amazon Aurora, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Improvado, to name a few. If you want to know more about Oracle RDBMS and its competitors, continue reading below.
|Amazon Aurora||4.5||Chris Urmson||$0.10||2014||N/A||10000+||Seattle||3000+ Reviews||250000+|
|Knack||4.5||Samyr Qureshi||$39||2010||$44.1 M||460+||San Francisco||4000+ Reviews||2646+|
|PostgreSQL||4.6||Christophe Pettus||Custom||1996||$31.2 M||68+||Mexico||1200+ Reviews||2000+|
|Microsoft SQL Server||4.5||Satya Nadella||$931||1989||N/A||5000+||Colorado||3500+ Reviews||229111+|
|Improvado||4.4||Daniel Kravtsov||$100||2017||$3 M||50+||San Francisco||3000+ Reviews||N/A|
|MongoDB||4.4||Dev Ittycheria||$0||2007||$540.5 M||1000+||New York||2000+ Reviews||18400+|
|MySQL||4.4||Marten Mickos||$0||1994||$5.4 M||400+||California||2000+ Reviews||N/A|
|Solarwinds||4.3||Kevin B. Thompson||$1,615||1999||$1 B||3000+||Austin||2500+ Reviews||300000+|
|IBM DB2||4.3||Arvind Krishna||$250||1983||$19 B||20+||New York||2000+ Reviews||36230+|
|Teradata||4.3||Victor L Lund||$1.83||1979||$2.2 B||10152+||San Diego||2500+ Reviews||2600+|
||Kartik Ramakrishnan||Product GM||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/kartikramakrishnan|
||Samir Khosla||Product and Design Leader||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/khoslasamir|
||Ashraf Abousteit||Director Of Development||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashraf-abousteit|
“ Powerful Database With Grant Privileges ”
4.6/5 (overall) - Verified Reviewer
- Oracle provides great performance when you have huge data to process & it’s scalability model is great.
- So here Oracle database gives a prominent support in managing these data and helps the top management of a company to move higher with its super intelligent ability in sorting and analyzing the data.
- It is really unusual to allow a bad programmer to use a sequence for several tables. Beyond that that would be a bad development practice the biggest mistake is that the tool invites you to commit it.
- It is complex to use and costly in comparison to competitors.
“ Oracle database Middleware & Cloud services ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Awais I.
- It is a great software for storing all the needed data for your application in the database. Once we have obtained the desired licenses, it is a great tool available in the market for DB storage.
- Currently it is the best database management system on the market and the only paid one. That is for a reason, nd that reason is that it features the best scripting language called PLSQL.
- This comment is about personal preference: it is sometimes difficult to switch between Oracle and MS-SQL, which is a problem as we run software that uses both.
- But sometimes it will keep having you put information in at every startup of your computer at that part can be annoying.
“ It is considered the database manager par excellence worldwide, however it has its detractors ”
5/5 (overall) - Nairoby D.
- Had to use it for work. It was ok for filesharing, but I feel like half the time it didn’t work anyway.
- To increase the performance, Oracle has some features as partitioning and compression. Also it secure the information with encryption technology.
- DEFINITELY needs a facelift in terms of its GUI. I thiiiink it needs to be more secure too, I feel like we had issues with security but I could be wrong. Seems old and outdated and like it should have already been replaced and made obsolete by some sexy new Google or startup product.
- Some features have additional license. So if you want to add additional features you pay more.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Assignment Management
- Billing & Invoicing
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Team Collaboration
- Mobile apps
- Process Management
Images & Videos
Q & A
How much does Oracle RDBMS cost?
When it comes to Oracle RDBMS pricing, the software offers three subscription packages, namely the enterprise edition, standard edition, and parent edition. To cite the pricing, licensing cost for the enterprise edition is around $47,500, the standard edition is at $17,500, while standard edition one is at $5,800.
What companies use Oracle RDBMS?
With Oracle RDBMS’s popularity on the market today, several groups, businesses, and operations have already stood behind the software’s database management capacity. Companies like Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Houston Methodist, and Citi are some of the few companies that are currently using Oracle RDBMS as their main database management software.
Does Oracle RDBMS offer a free trial?
Although Oracle RDBMS has its own paid subscriptions, still, Oracle RDBMS is free to download and use for learning and developing projects. However, as to the free version, there are some limitations as to what its users can and cannot assess.
What are the benefits of using Oracle RDBMS?
For robust database management capabilities, one cannot question how Oracle RDBMS can deliver such precise solutions, considering how popular this software is. Throughout the years, several benefits have been discovered upon using Oracle RDBMS as central database management. To cite a few, Oracle RDBMS can handle a large amount of data, provides reliable support for backup and recovery. It also streamlines database management in an easy, user-friendly way.
What's the difference between MySQL and Oracle RDBMS?
Both Oracle RDBMS and MySQL have a wide gap in differences. For larger enterprises, Oracle is the most suited platform, while MySQL is perfect for smaller projects.
Does Oracle RDBMS provide training?
Fortunately, Oracle provides a comprehensive set of training and tutorials to its clients. Training sets like Oracle XE, Oracle by Example (OBE) tutorial, and Oracle’s 2-Day Developer’s Guide are some of the few packages that Oracle offers to its users.
Is Oracle RDBMS easy to learn?
Just like any other database system, Oracle RDBMS is relatively easy to learn if you have already learned to use SQL Server. The learning curve upon using Oracle RDBMS might be confusing at first, but the software ensures that you can get the fastest and easiest user-experience, through consistent use of its training resources.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software