10+ IBM DB2 Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
IBM DB2 is a popular database management platform today; not to mention its advanced feature set. This is thanks to the IBM Corporation, which is one of the top software companies. Speaking of, IBM DB2, as a business is also something that we ought to look out for. Since its
establishment in 1983, IBM DB2 is currently the leader in database management in terms of yearly revenue. The company earns approximately $19 billion a year. On top of that, it also has over 36,000 satisfied customers and over 2,000 online reviews. This only speaks about the great leadership of their current CEO, Arvind Krishna, and a couple of key employees - Praveen Sakaray as Database Administrator and Vikram Khatri as Chief Architect. Based in New York, IBM DB2 serves thousands of clients from all around the globe. So, there is really no doubt about their capabilities. However, one should take note of the company's competitors, which are all superb as well. Such corporations include Oracle RDBMS, Knack, Amazon Aurora, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Improvado, MySQL, MongoDB, Solarwinds, and Teradata. If you want to know more about them, scroll down now.
|Oracle RDBMS||4.8||Safra Catz||Custom||1977||$||136000+||Redwood City||1000+ Reviews||430000+|
|Amazon Aurora||4.5||Chris Urmson||$0.10||2014||$||10000+||Seattle||3000+ Reviews||250000+|
|Knack||4.5||Samyr Qureshi||$39||2010||$44.1 M||460+||San Francisco||4000+ Reviews||2646+|
|PostgreSQL||4.6||Christophe Pettus||Custom||1996||$31.2 M||68+||Mexico||1200+ Reviews||2000+|
|Microsoft SQL Server||4.5||Satya Nadella||$931||1989||$||5000+||Colorado||3500+ Reviews||229111+|
|Improvado||4.4||Daniel Kravtsov||$100||2017||$3 M||50+||San Francisco||3000+ Reviews||+|
|MongoDB||4.4||Dev Ittycheria||$0||2007||$540.5 M||1000+||New York||2000+ Reviews||18400+|
|MySQL||4.4||Marten Mickos||$0||1994||$5.4 M||400+||California||2000+ Reviews||+|
|Solarwinds||4.3||Kevin B. Thompson||$1,615||1999||$1 B||3000+||Austin||2500+ Reviews||300000+|
|Teradata||4.3||Victor L Lund||$1.83||1979||$2.2 B||10152+||San Diego||2500+ Reviews||2600+|
||Vikram Khatri||Chief Architect||--||--||https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikram-khatri-07|
“ Robust database engine, but takes quite a bit of getting use to. ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Verified Reviewer
- M happy with db2 , IBM is doing a good job release by release powering the software.
- I would recommend use of DB2 in modern tech advancements. Light weight DB like MySQL, postgres are much better.
- As such this review will be biased towards SAP.
- IBM DB2 is a high-secured database server. You may be lost in the installation process if you missed one of its steps.
“ Best RDBMS Software ”
4.3/5 (overall) - shashank v.
- I have worked with DB2 as a database manager for over 30 years. It is a great product, robust, lots of flexibility, ever improving and rock solid.
- DB2 is very versatile as a database, and supports most features that enterprise-based databases like Oracle support.
- As data grows in production environment, it becomes slow. Thread hung and application performance degrades.
- It did everything I needed. Maybe the only complaint would be how complex it is, but that is more of a feature not a bug.
“ In My professional life I have used DB2 on the AS / 400 and e_Series platform for more than 15 years ”
4.8/5 (overall) - Luis Alexis R.
- Db2 was used in our mainframe application. it accepts standard sql syntax. can handle large amount of data.
- This database engine is robust, with many tools and features. Easily upgraded. Minimal maintenance needed after it is up and running. Able to use either the command line interface or GUI to access and manipulate databases.
- As data grows in production environment, it becomes slow. Thread hung and application performance degrades. Also it’s costly.
- Documentation needs to be more extensive, as you have to pay for customer support. Takes quite a bit of getting use to, as syntax varies greatly from other DBMSs.
- Access Control
- Accounting Intergration
- Agile Software Development
- Application Integration
- Assignment Management
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Campaign Scheduling
- Collaboration Tools
- Sales Force Automation
- Performance Management
Images & Videos
Q & A
What database does IBM Db2 use?
IBM Db2 utilizes a relational database management system (RDBMS) to collect, store, organize, and analyze data. RDBMS allows IBM Db2 to provide users with the capacity to conduct transactional, analytical, and warehousing functions.
What's the difference between IBM Db2 and SQL?
What separates IBM Db2 to SQL is that its tables. IBM Db2 provides more robust tables compared to SQL, for IBM DB2’s database involves more than just a collection of tables; it also includes other objects, such as views and indexes, and more extensive data containers, such as tablespaces. However, when we talk about standard language for accessing data in relational databases, no question that SQL provides complete access.
What's the pricing range for IBM Db2?
When it comes to pricing, IBM Db2 provides a decent cost. Its pricing starts at $1.00 as a one-time payment, per user, plus, there is a free version. The free version already includes all of IBM Db2’s basic tools for database management.
What's the latest version for IBM Db2?
Last 2017, IBM re-branded its DB2 and dashDB products to “Db2”. In the following years, particularly on June 27, 2019, IBM released its latest version—the Db2 11.5.
What companies utilize IBM Db2?
With IBM Db2’s years of providing database solutions, the company has already garnered multiple clients. Companies like ViaVarejo, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, iOLAP, and more, are few of businesses that rely on the software’s capability to deliver quality solutions.
What language is IBM Db2 written in?
IBM Db2 engine is mostly coded in C, C++, Assembly language, Java, and IBM PL/S.
Does IBM Db2 support Microsoft Windows Vista?
The support for Microsoft Windows Vista was only available from Db2 V9.1 FP2 until Db2 V10.1 versions. Later on, the support was discontinued starting from DB@ V10.5.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- Encryption Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software