10+ Amazon Aurora Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Amazon Aurora as an app is a comprehensive database solution powered by robust data-driven analytics. As a business, Amazon Aurora is currently one of the best in the industry. Amazon Aurora was only recently made available in 2014. However, they built a robust corporation that centers around total customer satisfaction.
On top of that, they now have over 10,000 employees, working full-time to deliver superb products and services. On the helm is company CEO, Chris Umson, and with a few key employees - namely Frank Boosman (Business Developer), Don Drake (Sr. Solutions Architect), and John Combs (Business Operations). Each of these vital personnel all worked to create what Amazon Aurora is today - a successful corporation. As of this moment, Amazon Aurora has more 250,000 customers along with over 3,000 online reviews. These make it one of the most used platforms when it comes to database management. However, it is important to know that Amazon Aurora also has topnotch competition. These include Oracle RDBMS, Knack, Teradata, MySQL, MongoDB, Improvado, and many more. If you want to know more, scroll down now.
|Oracle RDBMS||4.8||Safra Catz||Custom||1977||$||136000+||Redwood City||1000+ Reviews||430000+|
|Knack||4.5||Samyr Qureshi||$39||2010||$44.1 M||460+||San Francisco||4000+ Reviews||2646+|
|PostgreSQL||4.6||Christophe Pettus||Custom||1996||$31.2 M||68+||Mexico||1200+ Reviews||2000+|
|Microsoft SQL Server||4.5||Satya Nadella||$931||1989||$||5000+||Colorado||3500+ Reviews||229111+|
|Improvado||4.4||Daniel Kravtsov||$100||2017||$3 M||50+||San Francisco||3000+ Reviews||+|
|MongoDB||4.4||Dev Ittycheria||$0||2007||$540.5 M||1000+||New York||2000+ Reviews||18400+|
|MySQL||4.4||Marten Mickos||$0||1994||$5.4 M||400+||California||2000+ Reviews||+|
|Solarwinds||4.3||Kevin B. Thompson||$1,615||1999||$1 B||3000+||Austin||2500+ Reviews||300000+|
|IBM DB2||4.3||Arvind Krishna||$250||1983||$19 B||20+||New York||2000+ Reviews||36230+|
|Teradata||4.3||Victor L Lund||$1.83||1979||$2.2 B||10152+||San Diego||2500+ Reviews||2600+|
||Frank Boosman||Business developer||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/fboosman|
||Don Drake||Sr. Solutions Architect||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/don-drake-3631|
||John Combs||Business Operations||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmcombs|
“ Amazon Aurora is the database to lookout for in the future ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Verified User
- It is a high performance and low latency database. You can also be assured of the high-availability of the database and the services hosted.
- The Security provided by Amazon is again top notch because all of the data is encrypted and secured. The customers feel much more relaxed and assured when the project is using Amazon Aurora to host their services.
- It suffers from Clod start which is a very well known aspect of the product. But the recovery part is also not up to the mark. They need to improve on the ability to restore a copy of the backup, but mostly it is seen that the copy is corrupted or not the latest one.
- It does allow us to add new nodes to the existing cluster but we need to be wary of that the new nodes are read-only nodes. All the functions of write/update will still be carried out by the master node only.
“ Old Database New Again: AWS Aurora, and it Shines ”
4.3/5 (overall) - Arthur Zubarev
- Easy scaling – can be either horizontal and/or vertical.
- Nearly seamless backups, easy management.
- The Small and Medium instances are only good for testing or development, the number of connections and resources is limited.
- Some odd or sub-optimal configuration values with some parameters not changeable.
“ Extremely handy, well integrated and easy to use ”
4.8/5 (overall) - Ilyas Bakouch
- Optimized storage type for intensive I/O operations.
- Continuous backups to S3.
- Even though you are only billed per second of usage, there is a minimum of 5 minutes billed each time the database is active.
- For high load apps, Aurora Serverless is extremely expensive as compared to a single provisioned Aurora instance.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Assessment Management
- Assignment Management
- Business Intelligence
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Campaign Management
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Customer Support
Images & Videos
Q & A
How much does Amazon Aurora's subscription would cost?
Amazon Aurora offers a custom pricing to its users. However, in terms of standard pricing, Amazon Aurora would cost $0.10 per GB-month and $0.20 per 1 million requests.
What companies use Amazon Aurora?
Amazon Aurora has already established its popularity in delivering database management solutions to multiple companies for years. Through the years, several companies have been utilizing this software now, such as Acquia, Alert Logic, Akatsuki Inc., and Arizona State University, to name a few.
What database does Amazon Aurora utilize?
When it comes to using databases, Amazon Aurora is distributed via Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is a web service running cloud-based programming that is designed to simplify the setup, operation, and scaling of a relational database for applications. Subsequently, Amazon Aurora allows its users to encrypt multiple databases through the AWS Key Management Service (KMS).
What's the difference between Amazon Aurora and RDS?
The primary difference between Amazon Aurora and RDS is that Amazon Aurora supports two kinds of replicas, while RDS allows only five replicas. Also, one of the Amazon Aurora and RDS’s distinctive differences is their replication processes. Amazon Aurora’s replication process is relatively faster compared to RDS.
What do you mean by serverless Aurora?
Amazon Aurora Serverless is an auto-scaling configuration programmed for Amazon Aurora. The platform provides a capability wherein the user’s database will automatically start-up, shut down, and scale capacity based on the application’s needs.
Is Amazon Aurora part of AWS Free Tier?
Unfortunately, Amazon Aurora isn’t part of the AWS Free Tier. The AWS Free Tier for Amazon RDS only offers benefits for Micro DB Instance.
What are the minimum and maximum storage for the Amazon Aurora database?
The minimum storage that Amazon Aurora offers for every user database is 10GB. Amazon Aurora’s storage will automatically grow, up to 64 TB, with no impact on database performance, depending on the user’s database usage.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- Encryption Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software