10+ MATLAB Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
MATLAB is a data analytics software application that provides numerical computing for data analysis across a wide variety of sources. MATLAB provides high-end predictive analytics based on a proprietary programming language that allows plotting of data and functions, creation of user interface, matrix manipulation, and implementation of algorithms. The platform also provides extensive functionality for data visualization, analysis, numerical computation, and algorithm development. Developed by MathWorks in 1984, MATLAB was mainly a high-performance language for technical computing, data analysis, exploration, and visualization. MATLAB becomes the go-to platform for researchers, engineers, and scientists, for the application provides seamless deep learning functionality through its Deep Learning Toolbox. With its comprehensive data analytics approach, MATLAB becomes one of the most preferred platforms for more than 4 million users worldwide. On top of that, the platform also competes for the best data analytics software today, together with other similar platforms like Domo, Qlik Sense, SAS Advanced Analytics, Birst, Google Analytics, Looker, IBM Analytics, and Zoho Analytics.
|Sisense Data Analytics||4.8||Amir Orad||$35||2004||$100 M||750+||New York||1666+ Reviews||2000+|
|Tableau Data Analytics||4.7||Adam Selipsky||$12||2003||$1.3 B||4181+||California||1788+ Reviews||86000+|
|Zoho Data Analytics||4.6||Sridhar Vembu||$0||1996||$600 M||9100+||Chennai||1686+ Reviews||45000000+|
|IBM Analytics||4.6||Kwame Awuku||Custom||1983||$79.1 B||352600+||New York||1565+ Reviews||2200+|
|Looker Data Analytics||4.6||Frank Bien||Custom||2012||$131.6 M||500+||California||1878+ Reviews||1600+|
|Google Analytics||4.5||Paul Muret||Custom||2005||N/A||50+||Mountain View||1654+ Reviews||12995+|
|SAS Advanced Analytics||4.4||Jim Goodnight||$8000||1976||$3.1 B||13946+||Cary||1878+ Reviews||83000+|
|Birst||4.3||Jay Larson||Custom||2004||$20 M||500+||San Francisco||1789+ Reviews||130000+|
|Qlik Sense Data Analytics||4.3||Mike Capone||$30||1993||$750 M||5000+||Lund||1877+ Reviews||354025+|
|Domo Data Analytics||4.3||Josh James||$250||2010||$200 M||250+||Utah||1877+ Reviews||1800+|
||Nate Root||Senior IT Manager||N/A||N/A||https://in.linkedin.com/in/nate-root-8a423|
||Nancy Huntingford||Technical Writer||N/A||N/A||https://in.linkedin.com/public-profile/in/nhuntingford|
“ A Simple yet Powerful Computational Tool ”
4/5 (overall) - Atanu Kumar S.
- Matlab is a versatile computational tool for a diverse field of physical, mathematical, and social sciences.
- The most important features of MATLAB are the simple user-friendly interface, tons of library functions, and a significant amount of examples.
- Sometimes the software can become very slow in performance. Depending on the configuration of the computer, it can take up to a minute to complete the initialization.
- Even though MATLAB supports parallel computation, the pulling of the parallel nodes may be time-consuming, therefore, not very useful for medium load computations.
“ The Harbinger of Engineering Research ”
4/5 (overall) - Gianetan S.
- The abstraction of best of the cutting edge techniques scaled down to function level makes it powerhouse of research in the field of science and engineering.
- Input of data in the form of matrices make it intuitive to use and visualization of data makes it an extension of your own mind.
- The black box approach of using functions wherein you are aware what the input and output of function is but not its source code is a double edge sword.
- Whereas it makes it easy to use the function per se but it also makes it difficult to customize software.
“ Amazing tool once you get to know it ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Alex R.
- So many features! This tool can do anything once you learn how to use it. I recommend some sort of class to teach you how to use it.
- So far it has been great.
- Severe learning curve especially if you haven’t used any modeling software ever.
- Can be a bit intimidating at first.
- Access Control
- Application Integration
- Assessment Management
- Assignment Management
- Email Distribution
- Business Intelligence
- List Management
- Sales Enablement
- Sales Force Automation
- Predictive Sales
- Performance Management
- Predictive Sales
- Process Management
Images & Videos
Q & A
What is MATLAB used for?
MATLAB is an advanced software that calculates and analyzes data from various sources. On top of that, this app also provides various graphs and charts that its users can utilize to display accurate data visualizations. This allows data to be better understood by the entire organization. MATLAB also offers a programming functionality that simplifies the coding, so that you won’t have a difficult time using the platform.
How much does MATLAB cost?
The MATLAB app offers various licenses for certain individuals as well as a quote based pricing system in place. For the licenses, the platform separates it by category – Standard, Education, Home, and Student. For the Standard option, it offers two (2) licenses: Perpetual license ($2,350) and the Annual license ($950). For the Education option: the Perpetual license ($550) and the Annual license ($275). For the Home option, there is only one (1), and it costs $95. Finally, for the Student option, there are two(2) licenses: the Student license ($29) and the Student suite license ($55).
Does MATLAB offer a free trial period?
Yes, it does. MATLAB offers all interested users a 30-day free trial period. This is for both student and other licenses. The free trial software is available to download on the MATLAB platform’s website.
What is the difference between MATLAB and R?
For starters, MATLAB is much faster software compared to R. On top of that, MATLAB caters to the various engineering-related solutions that require complex algorithms. While R simply provides data processing and statistics.
Is MATLAB a free software to use?
Unfortunately, MATLAB is not a free software program, nor does it provide a free forever plan. All it offers is a free trial that lasts for thirty (30) days.
Which OS systems can run the MATLAB software application?
As of the moment, the MATLAB software program is available on the following OS platforms: Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software