10+ Birst Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Birst is another data analytics software programmed as a web-based solution for a faster data analytics process. This platform was designed to help businesses and organizations in multiple industries create more data-driven decisions based on proper insights. With Birst, users can also enjoy its high-end analytics features, such as reporting, mobile tools, predictive analytics, and self-service analytics. Branded as one of the most advanced networked business analytics software, Birst started its mission of providing state-of-the-art data analytics services in 2004. The platform focused its solutions on organizations that require a new level of insight and decision making processes through a network of analytics service. With more than 130,000 users that trust Birst, the platform is now considered as one of the leading data analytics software, along with other platforms like Qlik Sense, SAS Advanced Analytics, Domo, Google Analytics, Looker, Zoho Analytics, and IBM Analytics. In terms of the software's milestone as a company, Birst currently earns $20 million in revenue with 500+ employees under their current CEO, Jay Larson.
|Sisense Data Analytics||4.8||Amir Orad||$35||2004||$100 M||750+||New York||1666+ Reviews||2000+|
|Tableau Data Analytics||4.7||Adam Selipsky||$12||2003||$1.3 B||4181+||California||1788+ Reviews||86000+|
|Zoho Data Analytics||4.6||Sridhar Vembu||$0||1996||$600 M||9100+||Chennai||1686+ Reviews||45000000+|
|IBM Analytics||4.6||Kwame Awuku||Custom||1983||$79.1 B||352600+||New York||1565+ Reviews||2200+|
|Looker Data Analytics||4.6||Frank Bien||Custom||2012||$131.6 M||500+||California||1878+ Reviews||1600+|
|Google Analytics||4.5||Paul Muret||Custom||2005||N/A||50+||Mountain View||1654+ Reviews||12995+|
|SAS Advanced Analytics||4.4||Jim Goodnight||$8000||1976||$3.1 B||13946+||Cary||1878+ Reviews||83000+|
|MATLAB||4||Cleve Moler||Custom||1984||$900 M||5000+||Natick||1778+ Reviews||30474+|
|Qlik Sense Data Analytics||4.3||Mike Capone||$30||1993||$750 M||5000+||Lund||1877+ Reviews||354025+|
|Domo Data Analytics||4.3||Josh James||$250||2010||$200 M||250+||Utah||1877+ Reviews||1800+|
||Ryan Helft||Customer Success Leader||N/A||N/A||https://ke.linkedin.com/public-profile/in/ryanhelft|
||Guido Baer||Manager Solution Consulting EMEA||N/A||N/A||https://ke.linkedin.com/public-profile/in/guidobaer|
||Carolyn Phelps||Senior Customer Success Manager||N/A||N/A||https://ke.linkedin.com/public-profile/in/carolynphelps|
“ Birst Review froma more technical point of view ”
4/5 (overall) - Sarah B.
- Birst is a suitable tool to review data without implementing the data in a data warehouse.
- It is possible to establish real-time connections to several databases or do the modeling directly in Birst.
- In some situations, you can see that the tool is still in its infancy but the support always finds a solution.
- In my opinion, the admin area (modeling) is the least developed area compared to the visualization frontend and still runs.
“ Birst OEM appliance client building software for insurance ”
4/5 (overall) - Adam W.
- Birst is a tool that is very flexible and has a UI offering that is very platform independent.
- They also have designed their product to follow the Kimball methodology for dimensional modeling which helps make the tool easier to understand if you are a seasoned dimensional modeler.
- Being on the cutting edge, sometimes features don’t work as advertised at first.
- It’s usually a good thing to wait for a few maintenance releases after a new major release comes out if you have an appliance.
“ Birst Drives Insights and Decisions ”
4.2/5 (overall) - Brad D.
- The ability to deploy a new warehouse with its own set of reports and dashboards in short order has been one of the best features for us to date.
- This has allowed for good data governance, as well as easy, adoption across the organization by allowing more than one department to use the system without impacting business rules.
- In order to maintain and grow the system a high level of knowledge Data warehouse Architecture is required.
- Without that knowledge things can become unwieldy.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Application Integration
- Assessment Management
- Assignment Management
- Billable Hours Tracking
- Drip Marketing
- List Management
- Sales Enablement
- Sales Force Automation
- Predictive Sales
- Performance Management
- Process Management
Images & Videos
Q & A
Which primary features does Birst offer its users?
Birst is well-known for its flexible platform. That is because it offers a wide range of tools and features that you can use to your advantage. A few of the highlights, though, include smart analytics, data refinement, native cloud multi-tenant architecture, and its agile semantic layer feature. Plus, see more of its robust capabilities on Birst’s website.
Who currently owns the Birst platform?
As of the present, the Birst analytics platform is owned by the enterprise software company, Infor. The Infor software company successfully acquired the Birst software on April 25th of 2017.
How much does the Birst software cost?
When in the process of selecting a software for your company, the price can always be a hindrance. With Birst, however, the platform offers a quote based price plan. That means the exact price that the software offers you is the computational cost of what you need from it. So, you have plenty of flexibility when it comes to the price quote, instead of a standard monthly or annual subscription. To get started, you can request a quote on the website of Birst.
Does Birst offer a free trial period?
The best thing about a free trial period is that you can gain access to the features of the application without paying a fee. With the Birst software, it offers you exactly that. However, it does not specify the longevity of the trial period. Nonetheless, it is still a fantastic opportunity to have.
Are there tutorials or training sessions that Birst provides?
Fortunately, the Birst platform knows how difficult an onboarding process is. That is why, the software provides various tutorials, guides, and online training sessions. All of that and more on the Birst website.
Which software platforms does BIrst compete with?
Being one of the best data analytics software available, Birst competes with the top apps of today. These are Tableau, Qlik, and the MicroStrategy platform.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software