10+ Wordpress Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Considered as the most popular content management platform, WordPress is one of the most preferred content management software for businesses and organizations today. Primarily designed as a free and open-source content management system, WordPress is written in PHP and partnered with a MariaDB database or MySQL database. Taking back to its roots, WordPress originally built to offer a blog-publishing platform for various users, released on May 27, 2003, by its founders Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg. The software then includes other powerful web content features on its later release, including a learning management system, and support for traditional mailing lists and forums, online store, media galleries, and much more. For more than 16 years in the business, WordPress is used by more than 60 million running websites today, and that includes the 33.6% of the 2019's top 10 million websites. As WordPress spans across global web servers, the application now generates $132 million in revenue.
|Squarespace||4.5||Anthony Casalena||$16||2003||$300 M||5000+||Maryland||1777+ Reviews||46565+|
|Sitecore||4.5||Mark Frost||Custom||2001||$227 M||1235+||Denmark||1787+ Reviews||193474+|
|Drupal||4.5||Dries Buytaert||Custom||2009||$5 M||800+||Belgium||5 M+ Reviews||572623+|
|Hubspot CMS||4.4||Brian Halligan||$210||2006||$817.1 M||3387+||Cambridge||1999+ Reviews||12000+|
|Magento||4.3||Mark Lavelle||Custom||2007||$150 M||812+||Campbell||1888+ Reviews||250000+|
|SilverStripe||4.3||Sam Minnee||$300||2000||$2 M||200+||New Zealand||1878+ Reviews||31724+|
|Wix||4.2||Avishai Abrahami||Custom||2006||$1B||3000+||Tel Aviv||1989+ Reviews||180000000+|
|Joomla||4.3||Antonie de Wilde||$0||2005||$13.5 M||132+||New York||1989+ Reviews||25000+|
|Umbraco||4.1||Niels Hartvig||$0||2005||$4.4 M||200+||Denmark||1897+ Reviews||22819+|
|MS SharePoint||4.1||Ragav Jagannathan||$4.32||2001||$16 M||191+||New Jersey||1989+ Reviews||190000000+|
||Robert W. Price||Executive Director||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertwprice|
||Mike Little||WordPress specialist||N/A||N/A||https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mikelittle|
||Fatih Soylemez||Civil Structural Engineer||N/A||N/A||https://tr.linkedin.com/in/fatih-soylemez/de|
“ Open Source and Powerful ”
4.3/5 (overall) - Stephanie R.
- It’s a great thing. It’s my default platform for new websites.
- As it is easy and fast to deploy and gives room for clients to do updates themselves.
- It’s not super secure Because it is opensource and many people contribute, you’ll get a lot of bad plugins and vulnerabilities, so it’s important to read reviews and update frequently.
- I find the dashboard easy and intuitive, but a lot of clients do struggle with it.
“ Veteran WP User ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Tim B.
- The thing I like most about WordPress is the ease of functionality.
- The best part about WordPress is the community based support.
- It’s worthwhile that you do extensive research before developing with certain add-on options, such as themes or plugins.
- While the majority of options are so limitless, there tends to be a few bad apples along the way and it’s just something you learn by trial and error.
“ Wordpress, more than just a CMS ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Kudakwashe N.
- It easy for one to find a solution to any problem that might be having.
- Also the community makes it easy to scale wordpress applications from the vast plugins and modules that are easy accessible.
- Own custom plugins its not as easy like other platforms.
- I would like to see more tutorials on how to develop your own plugins.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Application Integration
- Assessment Management
- Assignment Management
- Campaign Management
- List Management
- Sales Force Automation
- Team Collaboration
- Marketing Automation
- Predictive Sales
- Performance Management
- Process Management
Images & Videos
Q & A
What is the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
While most people often confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com, both are actually two different things. With WordPress.org, users get to host their own site, which means they have the freedom to configure their site. On the other hand, WordPress.com takes care of everything; meaning, users don't have to worry about maintaining their site. Additionally, what separates both of them is WordPress.com is entirely free software, while WordPress.org is paid.
How much does it cost to subscribe to WordPress?
WordPress offers four sets of subscription bundles that you can choose, which is the Personal, Premium, Business, and eCommerce plan. The Personal plan costs $3.23 per month, the Premium plan starts at $6.73 per month, Business at $18.85 per month, and eCommerce $33.92 per month, all billed yearly.
Does WordPress require technical coding?
What makes WordPress a superb content management system is that users may not require to learn complicated coding. However, if users are working on a self-hosted WordPress site, coding is also possible in a few different ways through using HTML, CSS, and PHP.
What is WordPress caching?
WordPress caching is a process that saves and serves an HTML version of your website for your visitors. This procedure creates less of a strain on servers resources, limits database lookups, and that speeds the pages rendering time.
Is WordPress easy to learn?
Learning how WordPress works is so much easy, for it provides essential tools for content management. The only process you need to keep in touch with is the basics of search engines and content management processes. When it comes to technicalities, such as coding, you may choose not to stress on it much, for WordPress also provides zero-coding capabilities.
Is WordPress capable of handling two sites?
When you want to manage more than one website, WordPress Multisite is the right platform for you. WordPress Multisite allows you to run and manage multiple WordPress sites or blogs from a single WordPress installation. It also allows you to create new sites and manage them using the same username and password.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software