10+ Drupal Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Drupal is one of today's best free and open-source web content management software for content management framework, content management system, and blog use. Drupal was originally designed as a message board by Dries Buytaert, up until it was initially released in the market as an open-source project on January 15, 2001. The platform marks a turning point boost in 2003 when Drupal became a primary platform for "DeanSpace" in the 2004 U.S. presidential election. Drupal later continued to pursue their interest in developing a web platform, as the software has been utilized for more than 1.1 million sites in 2017. What also makes Drupal popular among users is it offers a wide variety of optional modules to extend the functionality of the core website, including access statistics logging, advanced search, multi-level menu system, multi-site support, and more. Drupal also includes extensive core themes, as well as auto-update notification functionality. With Drupal's high-powered capabilities, the platform becomes the on-the-go software for retail, fintech, e-commerce, non-profit, travel, entertainment, and healthcare industries.
|WordPress||4.5||Matt Mullenweg||$2.63||2003||$132M||1149+||California||1897+ Reviews||400000000+|
|Squarespace||4.5||Anthony Casalena||$16||2003||$300 M||5000+||Maryland||1777+ Reviews||46565+|
|Sitecore||4.5||Mark Frost||Custom||2001||$227 M||1235+||Denmark||1787+ Reviews||193474+|
|Hubspot CMS||4.4||Brian Halligan||$210||2006||$817.1 M||3387+||Cambridge||1999+ Reviews||12000+|
|Magento||4.3||Mark Lavelle||Custom||2007||$150 M||812+||Campbell||1888+ Reviews||250000+|
|SilverStripe||4.3||Sam Minnee||$300||2000||$2 M||200+||New Zealand||1878+ Reviews||31724+|
|Wix||4.2||Avishai Abrahami||Custom||2006||$1B||3000+||Tel Aviv||1989+ Reviews||180000000+|
|Joomla||4.3||Antonie de Wilde||$0||2005||$13.5 M||132+||New York||1989+ Reviews||25000+|
|Umbraco||4.1||Niels Hartvig||$0||2005||$4.4 M||200+||Denmark||1897+ Reviews||22819+|
|MS SharePoint||4.1||Ragav Jagannathan||$4.32||2001||$16 M||191+||New Jersey||1989+ Reviews||190000000+|
||Danny Jordan||Web Application Developer||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/danny-jordan-15507a4a|
||Marilton Correia||Drupal CMS development||N/A||N/A||https://be.linkedin.com/in/marilton-correia-95710a79?|
||Wayne Tun Myint||Business Personnel||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/wayne-tun-myint-31b68650|
“ Best web-site builder that I've used ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Yana P.
- This tool is amazing if you want to create a web-site but you don’t have strong programming skills.
- It has many options, configurations that help to create the web-site that you want to create, also it helps to manage.
- There are no cons, I think it is the best site constructor that help to save time.
- Don't require strong technical skills and create good quality web site.
“ Drupal 8 is my go to for Website Development ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Bryan B.
- One of the things that I like the most about this software is its reliability and flexibility.
- Being able to adapt to the various needs of businesses wishing to have an online presence.
- Throughout my use of this software, I can not truthfully think of anything.
- I don’t like about this software as it has significantly improved over the past seven years.
“ Drupal is a fantastic CMS ”
4.7/5 (overall) - Jason H.
- Drupal is a decent CMS, perhaps a bit more logical than WordPress, but with a lot less users it’s hard to justify it.
- I also really appreciate that most of the modules don’t make too many assumptions
- I also strongly, STRONGLY dislike that sites created five years ago now HAVE to be rebuilt, or they are not secure.
- That may be fine for enterprise, but it sucks for someone who makes lots of small sites for small businesses.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Application Integration
- Assignment Management
- Assessment Management
- Collaboration Tools
- Sales Force Automation
- Team Collaboration
- Email Marketing Management
- Predictive Sales
- Performance Management
- Process Management
- CRM Integration
Images & Videos
Q & A
Why should I choose Drupal over other CMS apps?
Choosing Drupal means a lot to your web content management. Since Drupal is an open-source content management framework, it works behind millions of websites and applications and powers some of the most influential web platforms. On top of that, Drupal has been providing companies and organizations the best solutions, allowing them to keep up with the demands of their content management processes.
What is a Drupal module?
Drupal modules are a set of function that extends Drupal's functionality. Modules enhance the capability of the application that's not included on the app's core features itself, like integrations, for example. Users can add such functionality by utilizing a module the community has contributed or by creating your own.
What industries best to use Drupal?
Drupal never fails to provide its web content management framework regardless of what industry their users involves in. Whether it is for retail, sports, entertainment, fintech, travel and tourism, healthcare, e-commerce, government, or education, Drupal guarantees the best solution, in order for these industries to achieve the best web content result that they deserve.
What accessible features can I enjoy with Drupal?
So that Drupal can never miss in providing its users the most easy-to-use web content management, the application programmed assistive technology that users can enjoy. Drupal continuously improves its accessible features that users can now access, such as its search engine form, drag-and-drop functionality, color contrasting, image handling, form labeling, skip navigation to core themes, and removing duplicate or null tags access.
What are the environmental requirements for Drupal 9?
For you to ensure the best performance for Drupal 9, consider meeting these following system requirements: For Apache, make sure to run Drupal 9 at version 2.4.7.
For the PHP version requirement, Drupal 9 requires at least PHP 7.3.
For MySQL and Percona, utilize Drupal 9 through version 5.6.8+.
For MariaDB, Drupal 9 requires version 10.3.7+
For PostgreSQL, version 10 is required with the pg_trgm extension.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software