10+ Xero Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Xero is a financial software app that enables users to seamlessly collaborate with each other. With its highly advanced tools and feature set, Xero now has more than 1.4 million highly satisfied customers. On top of that, it is earning accurately $35 million in one year. That is an astonishing feat, considering it has only been made available in 2006. With that the company can thank the leadership of their CEO, Steve Vamos, and their 3,000 employees. There are three, however, that cannot go unnoticed. They are Gary Turner as the Managing Director, Matt Vickers as the Director, and David Yuan as a Member Of The Board Of Advisors.
Based in New Zealand, specifically in Wellington, Xero simply offers world-class solutions. Although there are also those that claim to offer the best solutions. These companies are the ones that compete with Xero to be your daily accounting software. Such software companies are Zoho Books, NetSuite, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, Wave, Tipalti, BlackLine, Kashoo, and Sage Business Cloud Accounting. If you want to learn more about these superb platforms, scroll down now.
|Zoho Books||4.8||Sridhar Vembu||$9||1996||$600 M||9100+||Chennai||1230+ Reviews||13000000+|
|Quickbooks||4.5||Sasan Goodarzi||$5.22||1983||$16.7 M||9400+||California||2300+ Reviews||2000000+|
|FreshBooks||4.6||Mike McDerment||$6||2003||$65 M||1500+||Toronto||1500+ Reviews||24000000+|
|NetSuite||4.6||Zach Nelson||$99||1998||$800 M||603+||San Mateo||1590+ Reviews||21000+|
|Sage Intacct||4.5||Robert Reid||Custom||1999||$95 M||500+||California||1200+ Reviews||11000+|
|Tipalti||4.4||Chen Amit||$299||2010||$10 M||305+||San Mateo||1600+ Reviews||900+|
|Wave||4.5||Kirk Simpson||Free||2009||$40.5 M||205+||Toronto||1258+ Reviews||3500000+|
|BlackLine||4.4||Therese Tucker||$6||2001||$289 M||1055+||California||1450+ Reviews||2200+|
|Sage Business Cloud Accounting||4.3||Steve Hare||$10||1981||$2.3 B||13000+||Tyne||1200+ Reviews||6100000+|
|Kashoo||4.2||Jim Secord||Free||2009||$1 M||105+||Toronto||1900+ Reviews||150000+|
- Send 5 invoices and quotes
- Enter 5 bills
- Send invoices and quotes
- Enter bills
- Send invoices and quotes
- Enter bills
||Gary Turner||Managing director||N/A||N/A||https://uk.linkedin.com/in/garyturner|
||David Yuan||Member Of The Board Of Advisors||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/daveyuan|
“ Xero - A Truly Cloud Accounting Software ”
4/5 (overall) - Kenneth Jhim I.
- Easy to use, easy to input data and there’s often little popup boxes to explain what elements are. It’s cloud managed, so no need to download any software or store anything locally.
- Easy of use, setup myself (with a little help for a bookkeeper), support has always been superb.
- Support is a bit, there isn’t a live chat support like there is with competitors and it lacks the aesthetics of products like Quicbooks and the same level of reports.
- Bank feeds not always sync, which is also a problem I have at the moment.
“ Good Accounting Software, but lack decent reporting and live chat support ”
3.8/5 (overall) - Louis J.
- Overall it has been good, not excellent but good. It pretty much serves my client well as a whole and we are loving the projects feature.
- I like Xero because it is a cloud-based accounting software. I like the fact that this is a better tool for managing company and individual invoices, purchase order and other expenses.
- We ended up with a big mess of a problem in 2018 and communication with Xero was very slow going. In the end, they were unable to help us solve our problem.
- It’s been easier to use Xero than I expected, but I had a nasty surprise at tax time when I realized the default accounts/descriptions for expenses did not correlate 1:1 to IRS categories.
“ Affordable professional level accounting software for small business ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Kathryn H.
- As a cloud based account system its is as good or better than other tested. It has all functionality needed and does not break the bank for the features.
- Great tutorials for when you need a little extra help. Super easy, and professional-looking, invoicing solutions – repeating invoices, on the go invoices, and more.
- Everything is really difficult to navigate. Payroll (when it used to be offered) did not have direct deposit, 941 taxes could not be paid electronically, it was just a huge time suck for me.
- Outside of Xero billing for things that were supposed to be free, which after complaining they claim they will reconcile but I had to threaten with a lawyer to get that reaction.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Application Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Automated Billing
- Billing & Invoicing
- Business Intelligence
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Marketing Automation
- Predictive Sales
Images & Videos
Q & A
How much does Xero cost?
For Xero’s price, it usually would cost $7 for one user/month + $5 for additional active users/month. The first month’s use for this app is free for any number of users, but it only applies to the existing Xero subscribers.
How long is Xero's free trial?
Xero provides free-trial access for 30 days to its users. The free trial version includes all of Xero’s high-end accounting solutions, from unlimited user access, down to 24/7 support with no credit card required.
Does Xero provide free certification?
Sadly, there’s no option to become Xero Certified without being a member of its partner program, unlike QuickBooks. Xero’s certification takes place over a series of seminars and training, plus, it requires 40 Xero University credits to gain initial certification. To sum up the process, users need to undergo 12 months to complete the program to get certified for a year.
What's the difference between Xero and QuickBooks?
The difference between Xero and QuickBooks is that Xero is far easier to use, compared to QuickBooks. However, the setup interface for Xero is more complicated compared to QuickBooks, for QuickBooks has a more attractive interface.
Is Xero safe to use?
Yes, Xero guarantees the safest overall user experience. It highly works, since Xero is encrypted using industry-standard SSL to help protect every user’s vital data, such as ID, password, and financial data. On top of that, Xero also provides two-step authentication for an additional layer of security for fraud issues and malware attacks.
What several companies today that utilize Xero?
With Xero’s capacity to deliver superb accounting solutions, more companies nowadays have already lean into Xero’s services. To name a few of them, companies like UploadCare, StackShare, Wagon, FinTech Consortium already trusted Xero as their main accounting platform.
What business scale can Xero cater to?
Xero is primarily programmed to deliver accounting solutions for small to medium-sized businesses and operations.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software