10+ Wave Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
Wave is a fully integrated business accounting software for businesses of all sizes. Aside from that, the company itself is making leaps in the industry. In fact, since its establishment in 2009, Wave now has over 3.5 million customers from around the globe. This makes it one of the most used apps. Plus, since it has been around for quite some time, the consumer market knows that this company offers reliable products and services that are worth the trouble. Adding to the business side of things, Wave is currently earning more than $40.5 million per year, all thanks to their superb group of 200 and more employees - some even standout. These are Kerry Reynolds as Vice President of Marketing, Emmanual Ballerini as Senior Software Engineer, and Paul Marshall as Chief Operating Officer.
With such a robust software, one cannot deny the fact that it can provide you with all the essentials for your accounting needs. However, if interested to know about more platforms, we can say that Wave is currently competing against large and well-established software solutions. These are Zoho Books, NetSuite, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Sage Intacct, Tipalti, Blackline, Xero, Kashoo, and Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Get to know these platforms a little better by scrolling down.
|Zoho Books||4.8||Sridhar Vembu||$9||1996||$600 M||9100+||Chennai||1230+ Reviews||13000000+|
|Quickbooks||4.5||Sasan Goodarzi||$5.22||1983||$16.7 M||9400+||California||2300+ Reviews||2000000+|
|FreshBooks||4.6||Mike McDerment||$6||2003||$65 M||1500+||Toronto||1500+ Reviews||24000000+|
|NetSuite||4.6||Zach Nelson||$99||1998||$800 M||603+||San Mateo||1590+ Reviews||21000+|
|Sage Intacct||4.5||Robert Reid||Custom||1999||$95 M||500+||California||1200+ Reviews||11000+|
|Tipalti||4.4||Chen Amit||$299||2010||$10 M||305+||San Mateo||1600+ Reviews||900+|
|BlackLine||4.4||Therese Tucker||$6||2001||$289 M||1055+||California||1450+ Reviews||2200+|
|Xero||4.3||Steve Vamos||$20||2006||$35 M||3000+||Wellington||2000+ Reviews||1368000+|
|Sage Business Cloud Accounting||4.3||Steve Hare||$10||1981||$2.3 B||13000+||Tyne||1200+ Reviews||6100000+|
|Kashoo||4.2||Jim Secord||Free||2009||$1 M||105+||Toronto||1900+ Reviews||150000+|
- Expense tracking
- Powerful reports
- Free mobile app
- Incorporate receipts
||Kerry Reynolds||Vice President Marketing||N/A||N/A||https://ca.linkedin.com/in/mskerryreynolds|
||Emmanuel Ballerini||Senior Software Engineer||N/A||N/A||https://ca.linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-ballerini-583608|
||Paul Marshall||Chief Operating Officer||N/A||N/A||https://ca.linkedin.com/in/pmarshall|
“ Excellent for the start-up to small company! ”
4/5 (overall) - Sutra B.
- It was good while it lasted, before their system made my data unusable. They really tried to be helpful, I chatted with several friendly people online, all of whom were unable to resolve my issues.
- This software is perfect for freelancers and consultants. I can important my transactions from my bank and categorize them, just like with paid plans, but for free.
- Their suggested fixes did not work. They have chat and email support but no phone support and even though they logged in as an admin they were unable to fix this problem.
- Wave implements a features, then they break, ignore fixing the problem, only provide workarounds that cost time and money. No compensation or any remorse by the company.
“ Maintain healthy accounts with wave ”
4.5/5 (overall) - aka r.
- The best thing is that it lets you switch businesses within one account. And it’s free – it has all the features that a typical small business would need and to save $50-100/month is great.
- That Wave is free is fantastic for a small business. Other accounting software can be extremely expensive, so getting most of those features for free is fantastic.
- Starting off it was a little confusing there is a learning curve to it.
- A year later, Wave lost the connection with all of capital one due to an issue with switching data providers (from Plaid). Next, Chase bank cards also disappeared.
“ A Solid Free Small Business Accounting Software ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Felix J.
- This software is easy to learn and easy to use. We use it every day to invoice customers and keep up with balances due on accounts. We use it to send reminders when money is owed and to post payments on customer accounts.
- Free software Affordable rates for payments Easy to use reporting Instant payout options
- There have been a few glitches where pages didn’t load but we were able to get that resolved quickly by contacting customer support. A coupe of times it was due to our own system settings.
- Reporting options are basic, which is expected for a free service.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Application Integration
- Assignment Management
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Campaign Planning
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Email Distribution
- Email Notifications
- Team Collaboration
Images & Videos
Q & A
Is Wave a completely free app?
Yes, Wave is a completely free accounting and financial services platform for small businesses. Unlike other free accounting software, Wave has no artificial limits on invoicing, contacts, items, or other features. Wave only requires payment for services like adding payroll, payment processing, and professional bookkeeping.
How much is the cost for Wave's credit and debit invoices?
Wave’s cost for accepting credit and debit payments for invoices would go at 2.9% of the transaction amount with a flat fee of 30 cents.
Is Wave secure to utilize?
One of the primary characteristics of Wave Accounting is that it’s safe and secure to use. This software utilizes 256-bit encryption, and its services and procedures are audited and verified by multiple third parties. This feature enables Wave to deliver high security to its user’s bank or credit card data effectively and efficiently.
What's the difference between Wave and QuickBooks?
The distinctive differences between Wave and Quickbooks are its compatibility with electronic platforms. Quickbooks offers an Android and iOS app access, whereas Wave just offers for the iOS app. What also separates them is that Wave has a free basic pricing plan for accounting, while Quickbooks impose a charge for every monthly bookkeeping.
Is Wave a great software to use?
Undoubtedly, Wave is an excellent choice for businesses, particularly for small-scale operations. Wave not just simplifies and streamlines every accounting processes for non-accountants, for also provides an extensive solution for accountants requires advanced work.
What companies use Wave?
Today, more and more companies have already trusted the service of Wave Accounting. Companies like Calgary Boiler Clean, KSDigital, and Jessica Today Designs, have claimed that they have already leaned on Wave’s capacity to provide a high level of accounting solutions.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software