10+ BlackLine Alternatives and Competitors
Table of Content
The BlackLine platform is a straightforward cloud-based solution that enables businesses to automate their accounting and other finance processes. BlackLine has been around since 2001. Therefore, it is one of the most seasoned companies in the industry and multiple consumers recognize this. As a matter of fact, it has over 2,000 active users. What makes BlackLine even more special is the fact that it provides a robust platform for an affordable price. Yes, with BlackLine, you can already start using its tools and features for $6 per month. The robustness of the app is thanks to more than a thousand hardworking employees, and, of course, their CEO, Therese Tucker.
As of this moment, BlackLine earns about $289 million annually, which makes them one of the biggest earners in the industry. Plus, it also has close to 1,400 online reviews, and most are quite positive reviews from satisfied customers. To top it all off, BlackLine competes with the top-dogs in the accounting software business. Such companies include Zoho Books, NetSuite, FreshBooks, QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, Wave, Tipalti, Xero, Kashoo, and Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Learn more about these platforms, including BlackLine, when you scroll down now.
|Zoho Books||4.8||Sridhar Vembu||$9||1996||$600 M||9100+||Chennai||1230+ Reviews||13000000+|
|Quickbooks||4.5||Sasan Goodarzi||$5.22||1983||$16.7 M||9400+||California||2300+ Reviews||2000000+|
|FreshBooks||4.6||Mike McDerment||$6||2003||$65 M||1500+||Toronto||1500+ Reviews||24000000+|
|NetSuite||4.6||Zach Nelson||$99||1998||$800 M||603+||San Mateo||1590+ Reviews||21000+|
|Sage Intacct||4.5||Robert Reid||Custom||1999||$95 M||500+||California||1200+ Reviews||11000+|
|Tipalti||4.4||Chen Amit||$299||2010||$10 M||305+||San Mateo||1600+ Reviews||900+|
|Wave||4.5||Kirk Simpson||Free||2009||$40.5 M||205+||Toronto||1258+ Reviews||3500000+|
|Xero||4.3||Steve Vamos||$20||2006||$35 M||3000+||Wellington||2000+ Reviews||1368000+|
|Sage Business Cloud Accounting||4.3||Steve Hare||$10||1981||$2.3 B||13000+||Tyne||1200+ Reviews||6100000+|
|Kashoo||4.2||Jim Secord||Free||2009||$1 M||105+||Toronto||1900+ Reviews||150000+|
||Tim Collins||Helping Finance Leaders||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/timcoll|
||Bill O'Connor||Helping Companies Modernize Accounting Practices||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/bill-oconnor-blackline|
||Jason Babcoke||Managing Director||N/A||N/A||https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-babcoke-b0436|
“ Awesome software direct and to the point ”
4.1/5 (overall) - Verified Reviewer
- At a glance, all the gl account balance is there. You can also upload the report from SAP into blackline so that reconciliation can be done easier. And the approval can just easily approve the ledger at least me go. Allows you to store excel sheet inside so that approval can review it easily.
- It provides visibility and consistency to balance sheet recs. Fairly easy to use. Several different templates available pre-built.
- It might get be better if the blackline team is able to get back shortly after we upload the ledger balance maybe within an hour or so. This will surely reduce the time we need to take to complete the reconciliation within the timeframe.
- Some of the different screens have the Save button in different places which can be a bit frustrating.
“ Blackline Integration with Data Management Software such as SAP ”
4.3/5 (overall) - Verified Reviewer
- It is a web-based application for performing account balances reconciliation which can be easily integrated with other financial software such as SAP.
- I use this in monthly accounts reconciliations. Great tool for store data and for making the summary of balances in accounts.
- The software is limited to reconciliations and intercompany transactions wherein the vast majority of software are investing on in-memory capacity and cloud for more flexible transactions.
- There is too many fields to fill, many not needed options. When users have many accounts assigned Blackline is realy slowly.
“ Good tool for account reconciliation in a GBS center ”
4.5/5 (overall) - Balázs Z.
- I like how easy it is to see unidentified balances for each account from the main page, giving you a screenshot of where to spend your time. I used it mostly for insurance amortizations, and the schedules make it easy to do once entered, and the balances closes on the day indicated.
- The audit trail functionality that is system certified and option to allow auditors to review closing activities like monthly bank reconciliation, monthly payroll registers, monthly meeting minutes, etc.
- Not a big deal but small functional things such as having to save a schedule and then clicking cancel in order to exit out. It’s not intuitive to click on cancel if you want to exit after making a change.
- The useful interface’s design isn’t as fluid as one would like but you get use to it after a using it as your day to day work.
- Access Control
- Accounting Integration
- Agile Software Development
- Assessment Management
- Automated Billing
- CRM Integration
- Campaign Analysis
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Customer Support
- Marketing Automation
- Team Collaboration
Images & Videos
Q & A
Is BlackLine an ERP platform?
Yes, BlackLine is an ERP platform that provides automation engines and analytics for finance and accounting operational processes. This characteristic makes BlackLine a perfect platform for business accounting and finance functions, for it manages and controls an end-to-end financial process of all aspects.
What is BlackLine reconciliation?
BlackLine Account Reconciliation is part of BlackLine’s features, designed to streamline every General Ledger Reconciliation process. This feature works by simplifying the reconciliation of accounts with high numbers of transactions and identifying transactions by ensuring appropriate credit and debit in the associated accounts.
How much does BlackLine cost?
In terms of pricing, BlackLine offers a standard price rate of $6.00 per month. This pricing includes all of BlackLine’s finance controls and automation features that are fit for various businesses.
What companies use BlackLine?
With more than 270,000+ users in 130+ countries, BlackLine has already established its renowned capabilities for various operations around the globe. Through time, several companies like Coca Cola, eBay, Philips, Discovery Inc., The Hershey Company, and so much more, have already utilized BlackLine as their primary accounting and finance platform that secures their processes.
What solutions does BlackLine offer?
As a high-quality platform, BlackLine provides robust solutions that are tailored to its user’s needs. BlackLine showcases its solutions such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Close Process Management, Accounting Process Automation, Intercompany Hub, Smart Close, and Compliance.
What apps can you integrate from BlackLine?
Integrations to third-party apps are some of the few highlighting features that BlackLine provides. This app can be highly integrated with several applications that are available today, such as Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage Intacct, SAP, and more.
Is BlackLine cloud-based?
Yes, BlackLine is a cloud-based solution that works every existing accounting system. Since it’s cloud-based, its uses can accelerate all of its financial processes by standardizing and automating it, anytime, anywhere, without worrying about system upgrades and maintenance.
- Database Management
- Project Management
- Expense Management
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Service
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Resource Management
- Content Management
- Sales Management
- Inventory management
- Email Marketing
- Payment Processing
- E-Signature Software
- Contract Management Software
- Cybersecurity Software
- Lead Management
- Business Process Management
- Corporate Performance Management
- Customer Engagement Software
- Enterprise Architecture Software
- Brand Management Software
- Change Management Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Video Sharing
- Workforce Management
- Document Management Software
- Reporting Software
- Billing And Invoicing Software
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Network Security Software
- Data Analytics Software
- Quality Management Software
- Web Conferencing Software
- Web Design Software
- SEO Software
- Data Quality Software
- Risk Management Software
- Facility Management Software
- Help Desk Software
- Social Media Management Software
- Sales Performance Management
- Sales Forecasting Software
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Supply Chain Management
- File Sharing Software
- CPQ Software
- Partner Management Software
- Email Signature Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
- Customer Experience Software
- Budgeting Software
- Audit Software
- HR Software
- EHS Software
- Knowledge Management Software
- Presentation Software
- Website Monitoring Software
- PR Software
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Proposal Software
- Payroll Software
- Identity And Access Management
- Task Management Software
- Web Analytics Software
- Business Plan software
- Artificial Intelligence Software
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Hosting Websites
- Document Creation Software
- Data Virtualization Software
- Requirements Management Software
- Vector Graphics Software
- After Effects Software
- Board Management Software
- Business Activity Monitoring Software
- Policy Management Software
- Operational Risk Management Software
- Equipment Maintenance Software
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Management Software
- Corporate LMS
- Internal Communications Software
- Benefits Administration Software
- Time Tracking Software
- Talent Management Software
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Performance Management
- Employee Engagement Software
- Video Interviewing Software
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Contact Management Software
- Employee Recognition Software
- Employee Feedback Software
- Onboarding Software
- Employee Training Software
- Background Check Software
- Recruiting Software
- 360 Degree Feedback Software
- Attendance Tracking Software
- Employee Monitoring Software
- HR Analytics Software
- Reference Check
- Whistleblowing Software
- Subscription Management Software
- Fraud Detection Software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Influencer Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Compensation Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Decision Making Software
- Mind Mapping Software
- Complaint Management Software
- Enterprise Feedback Management
- Employee Management Software
- HCM Software
- Absence Management
- Meeting Management Software
- Product Lifecycle Management Software
- Enterprise Search Software
- Data Visualization Software
- Multi-level Marketing
- RFP Software
- Incident Management Software
- DevOps Software
- Database Security Software
- Exit Interview Management Software
- Interview Scheduling
- PEO Software
- Social Media Monitoring Software
- Chatbots Software
- Recruiting Automation Software
- Staffing Software
- Workload Automation
- Financial Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Endpoint Security Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Customer Communication Management
- Product Management Software
- HR Case Management
- Network Management
- Master Data Management
- Remote Support Software
- Client Portal Software
- HR Service Delivery Software
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Performance Appraisal Software
- Reference Management
- Screen Sharing Software
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Quote Management
- Direct Mail Automation Software
- Budgeting and Forecasting Software
- DevOps Software
- Backup Software
- Event Stream Processing Software
- Bid Management Software
- Big Data Processing and Distribution Software
- Restaurant POS System
- Field Service Management Software
- Endpoint Detection & Response Software
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Fleet Management Software
- Customer Data Platform Software